NPRM and Policy Guidance on Evaluation Measures for New/Small Starts New Starts FR Publications
August 7, 2007
Mass Mailout Number III-2007-64
Subject: NPRM and Policy Guidance on Evaluation Measures for New/Small Starts New Starts FR Publications
Dear Transit Colleague:
As a follow up to the New/Small Starts publications sent out Friday, August 3, (Mass Mailout Number 62) and yesterday, Monday, August 6, (Mass Mailout Number 63) this additional information is provided to augment those mailouts.
FTA will hold five one-day meetings nationally to describe the provisions of the New/Small Strats Notice of Proposed Rule Making and Policy Guidance. A Federal Register Notice will soon be published with the meeting dates, but we wanted to provide that information to interested grantees as soon as possible for those that need to make travel plans. The dates and locations of these meetings are:
1. Thursday, September 13th, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time, Los Angeles, CA – Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Attendees at of this session must register in advance.
2. Tuesday, September 18th, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time, Denver, CO – Regional Transit District, T&D Rooms, 1600 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202.
3. Wednesday, September 26th, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time, Chicago, IL – DePaul University Downtown Loop Campus Conference Center, Room 8005, One East Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604.
4. Tuesday, October 2nd, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time, Washington, DC – Hilton Washington, Georgetown West Room, 1919 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20009 – a block of 15 rooms have been reserved.
5. Thursday, October 11th, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time, Charlotte, NC – Westin Charlotte Hotel, Tryon Room, 601 South College, Charlotte, NC 28202. This meeting is being held in conjunction with the APTA Annual Conference taking place in Charlotte October 7-10th.
Please feel free to distribute this throughout your organization as appropriate.
Letitia A. Thompson