National Transit Institute Classes
March 29, 2007
Mass Mailout Number III-2007-31
Subject: National Transit Institute Classes
Dear Transit Colleague:
The National Transit Institute (NTI) is offering the following classes:
1. There are four new free Teleconference Classes (T-Classes) in April and May. They include:
· Practices in No-Show and Late Cancellation Policies for ADA Paratransit (TCRP Synthesis #60)
April 19, 2007; 2:00pm 3:30pm Eastern Time
· Methods of Rider Communication (TCRP Synthesis #68)
April 26, 2007; 2:00pm 3:30pm Eastern Time
· FTAs Application of the Section 4(f) De Minimus Impact Criteria
May 3, 2007; 2:00pm 3:30pm Eastern Time
· Uniform Report of DBE Awards or Commitments and Payment Requirements
May 10, 2007; 2:00pm 3:30pm Eastern Time
In addition there is still space available in the March 29th T-Class:
· Fixed-Route Transit Ridership Forecasting and Service Planning Methods (TCRP Synthesis #66)
March 29, 2007; 2:00pm 3:30pm Eastern Time
These 90-minute T-Classes are audio teleconferences. The attached flyers contain more detailed information on each T-Class. To register for a T-Class, visit the NTI website at: www.ntionline.com. From the home page, click on T-Classes and then the title of the class you are interested in. The T-Classes are free but you must register to receive the log-in information.
2. The NTI course "Transportation & Land Use" will be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on May 22-24, 2007. The training location will be at the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, Regional Enterprise Tower, 425 6th Avenue, 23rd Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. For additional information concerning this course please contact Ginny Stern, Program Coordinator, at Telephone Number (732) 932-1700 ext. 226, Fax (732) 932-1707 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to distribute this throughout your organization as appropriate.
Herman C. Shipman
Acting Regional Administrator