FY 2009 Certifications and Assurances
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Certifications and Assurances (C&As) was published in the Federal Register on October 31, 2008. You may access the register on our web site http://www.fta.dot.gov under the Legislation, Regulations and Guidance topic.
The direct link to the Federal Register is http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/pdf/E8-26030.pdf.
The C&As are binding legal commitments for the applicant to comply with Federal law and regulations. The C&As apply to all FTA programs, including Tribal Transit and Over the Road grants. The twenty-four categories in the C&As may be needed for all projects that will be awarded to you in the Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) (October 2008-September 2009). If you only receive Tribal Transit grants, you need to check only items 1 and 22 out of the 24 possible. A 2009 C&A is required for a grant application that was started in FFY08 but will be awarded in FFY09.
The C&As execution is electronic through the Transportation Electronic Award and Management (TEAM) system. The 2009 C&As are currently in the TEAM system. The basic process is to check the boxes that apply to the funding sources you will be applying for in FFY09 and have the designated personnel sign electronically by entering your Personal Identification Number (PIN) the C&A in TEAM. There are two approval actions needed to execute the C&As: in TEAM they are displayed as the Official’s Name and the Attorney’s Name. The Official MUST electronically sign by entering their PIN before or on the same day as the Attorney. If the Attorney electronically signs before the Official, we will not accept the C&A and you will need to electronically sign again.
To approve the Certifications and Assurances in the TEAM system:
1. Have your Official log into TEAM with their unique user name and password. This official will have been provided with a PIN Number, and the authority to use it.
2. Click Recipients to open the Query Recipients screen.
3. Enter your recipient ID, or all or part of your recipient name.
4. Click Submit Query to locate your record.
5. From the left menu, click View/Modify Recipient. This opens the Recipient record for editing.
6. Click on the third tab in the window, entitled “Cert's and Assurances.” Review each of the certifications under each category. The text is viewable under the yellow “Text” icon on the right.
7. For each category, you must check either Applicable or N/A.
8. In order to sign off on your selections, please have the Official enter their PIN number in the box at the bottom, and click the green CERTIFY button.
9. Once the Official has entered their PIN, he/she must exit TEAM and the Attorney must log on – following steps 1-6 above, with the Attorney’s individual user name and password and enter the Attorney PIN and again click on the CERTIFY button to complete the process.
10. If the Official has the rights to electronically sign as both Official and Attorney, once he/she enters the PIN, the process is completed.
For further information, contact Region 10’s Patricia Hendrix at (206) 220-4465 or email email@example.com.
R. F. Krochalis