NCST Requests for Proposals for Demonstration Grants
The National Center on Senior Transportation (NCST) is soliciting proposals from aging/human service agencies, tribal organizations, faith-based organizations, units of state and local government, public and private transportation providers and other entities interested in developing and implementing innovative approaches to increasing senior transportation options and improving older adult mobility.
Successful projects will be collaborative, replicable, and consistent with senior transportation-related goals of the national United We Ride initiative of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
The goals are to:
• Increase transportation options for older adults
• Simplify older adults’ access to transportation services
• Increase the quality of transportation services for older adults
Successful applicants will receive grant awards ranging from $50,000 to $90,000 and 24 months of individually tailored technical assistance. Higher or lower amounts may be awarded based on specific proposals.
Read and/or download the request for proposal for details at http://seniortransportation.easterseals.com/site/PageServer?pagename=NCST2_about_projects_RFP_Demonstration_grants_07.
Proposals are due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Monday, Dec. 17, 2007, and can be submitted one of three ways:
1. Email your completed proposal to Tabitha Wilson at email@example.com.
2. Complete the online application at http://www.n4a.org/ncst/ncstlogin.cfm.
3. Or mail a hard copy of the completed proposal to the address below:
Assistant Director, NCST
1730 Rhode Island Ave., NW Suite 1200
Washington, D.C. 20036
If you have questions, please contact FTA Region 10’s John Witmer at 206-220-7964, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
R. F. Krochalis