Outreach on the NPRM for Statewide and Metropolitan Transportation Planning
REGION 10 BULLETIN NO: 06-18
SUBJECT: Outreach on the NPRM for Statewide and Metropolitan Transportation Planning
DATE: July 11, 2006
The purpose of this message is to provide information on outreach opportunities that have been arranged on the FHWA/FTA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) on statewide and metropolitan transportation planning, published in the June 9, 2006 Federal Register.
On Thursday, July 13, 2006 (1:00 - 3:00 PM (ET)), FTA/FHWA will conduct a national webcast on the planning NPRM, hosted by the Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE) at North Carolina State University. Interested parties can register to participate in this CTE event at: http://itre.ncsu.edu/CTE/TechTransfer/Teleconferences/2006schedule.asp. In addition, FTA and FHWA staff will be providing an overview of the planning NPRM at the following six outreach events:
• Wednesday, July 19, 2006: Atlanta, Georgia (1:00 - 4:00 PM (ET));
• Friday, July 21, 2006: New York, New York (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (ET));
• Monday, July 24, 2006: Kansas City, Missouri (1:00 - 4:00 PM (CT));
• Tuesday, August 1, 2006: San Francisco, California (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (PT));
• Monday, August 7, 2006: Chicago, Illinois (1:00 - 4:00 PM (CT)); and
• Wednesday, August 9, 2006: Cambridge, Massachusetts (1:00 - 4:00 PM (ET)).
The July 6, 2006 Federal Register notice provides additional information on these outreach efforts.
For additional information on the NPRM or these outreach opportunities, please feel free to contact Ned Conroy, Community Planner, FTA Region 10 at (206) 220-4318.
R. F. Krochalis