NTI Fellows Program #2004-02
REGION 10 BULLETIN NUMBER: 04-02
SUBJECT: NTI Fellows Program
PROGRAM AREA: Training
DATE: March 3, 2004
The National Transit Institute is currently recruiting candidates for the NTI Fellows Program Class of 2006.
The Fellows Program was created in 1994 to recognize and promote the sharing of innovative practices in the transit industry.
Each year nominations are accepted from individuals with practical field experience who work for U.S. transit agencies, state or local DOTs, regional or local agencies, or colleges, universities or other not-for-profit transportation organizations.
Fellows will be selected from all transit topics, including the following areas:
- Employee Motivation
- On the Job Coaching
- Marketing for Small Transit Operators
- Driver Fatigue and Stress Awareness
- Customer Service
- Advanced Technology Procurement Strategies
- Transit Level of Service: Ways to Measure Quality
- Capital Priorities: Making the Case for BRT
- Managing Transit Construction Projects
- Bus Simulator Training: Design, Delivery and Results
- Area Management in a Maintenance Operation
- Environmental Compliance for Transit Operations
- Successful Safety Strategies
The National Transit Institute invites you to nominate candidates for its 2006 Class for the NTI Fellows Program. The program recognizes innovators in transit and supports their service to the transit community as ambassadors for NTI. NTI Fellows receive both a unique personal learning experience and opportunities to share knowledge gained from particular field implementations with colleagues in transit.
Attached is an application for the program. Please feel free to post and distribute it to people whom you think would be candidates. You can also access the NTI website at http://www.ntionline.com/.
Should you have questions regarding the program, please feel free to contact Kathy Goundrey at 732-932-1700 ext. 221.
/S/ by Linda Gehrke