Year End Grants Processing and Appropriations
REGION 10 BULLETIN: 05-09
SUBJECT: Year End Grants Processing and Appropriations
DATE: July 22, 2005
The electronic grant system, TEAM, will shut down at 9 p.m. EDT on September 19. September 19 is the last date that FTA can award/obligate a grant in this federal fiscal year ending September 30.
Due to the large numbers of grantees that have not submitted grants for 2005 fiscal year funds, FTA is expecting a large number of grant submittals between now and the year end. Many of these grants have not gone through Department of Labor (DOL) clearance and as a result, DOL will have an exceptional workload during this period. Consequently, to accommodate all parties, the last day for grant submittals is as follows:
1. Formula Grant Submittal (5307, 5309 Fixed Guideway, 5310, 5311, 115, State Planning Grants):
- Grants that HAVE cleared DOL or are not required to go through DOL (grants that have funds in Contingency and are amending grants to activate the remaining allotments, and 5310, 5311, State Planning Grants), The last day to submit is August 29.
- Grants that have NOT cleared DOL. Last submittal day: August 15.
2. Discretionary Grant Submittal (5309 Bus and New Starts, ITS, JARC, Section 330):
- Grants that have cleared DOL or are not required to go through DOL (Grants that have funds in Contingency or the whole project was approved by DOL - most New Start grants - and are amending grants to activate the remaining allotments). The last submittal day is August 24.
- Grants that have NOT cleared DOL. Last day to submit is August 1.
3. ECHO: The last day for ECHO payment drawdowns is 9/28/2005. ECHO will re-open on 10/30/2005 for drawdowns.
4. TEAM Reopen: TEAM is expected to open in FY 2006 for obligations/awards is November 7, 2005. Grantees may still draft grants during this down period.
5. Grant Amendments for Scope Changes. After the year of fund availability, any lapsed funds already approved in a grant can only be used for the purpose for which the funds were approved. Generally, formula funds lapsing are 2002 and earmarked funds are 2003. If you currently have a grant funded from these years and need a scope change, please submit the amendment no later than August 1, 2005.
6. Appropriations: At the date of this Bulletin, we have no further information on the availability of the remaining 4/12 of this years appropriation. As soon as we have any further information on the remaining 2005 fund availability for the final 4/12s, we will let you know.
R. F. Krochalis