FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances
On January 31, 2014, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) published the Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Annual List of Certifications and Assurances for FTA Grants and Cooperative Agreements in the Federal Register, http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-01-31/pdf/2014-01888.pdf. To access the FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances, use this link: http://www.fta.dot.gov/12825_15821.html.
The FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances are effective October 1, 2013, the first day of FY 2014.
Certifications and Assurances are pre-award representations typically required by Federal law or regulation that FTA grantees must submit before FTA may provide Federal funding for its projects. When submitted to the FTA, the grantee is agreeing to comply with those terms contained within. The FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances remain in effect until the grantee's project is closed or the useful life of its project property has expired, whichever is later. The grantee may use the FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances to support applications for FTA funding until FTA issues its FY 2015 Certifications and Assurances.
Please note that the FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances are not a complete list of Federal requirements. The FY 2014 Master Agreement identifies many of those requirements and can be accessed using this link: http://www.fta.dot.gov/documents/20-Master.pdf. In addition to the information in the January 31, 2014 Federal Register Notice, the FY 2014 Master Agreement and the upcoming FY 2014 Apportionment Notice, FTA strongly encourages grantees and their current and prospective Third Party Participants to review all Federal legislations, regulations, and guidance that apply to your proposed project.
The annual certification and assurances requirement is applicable to all FTA funding programs. Specifically, it is applicable to grantees with active grants or intending to apply for grant funds in FY 2014.
When to Submit
- For grantees that have active grants/projects: FTA expects to receive your FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances within 90 days from the date of the January 31, 2014 Federal Register publication.
- For grantees applying for grant funds in FY 2014: FTA expects to receive your FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances before or concurrent with the grantee’s first grant application for the fiscal year, whichever comes first. FTA will not be able to award new grants until the FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances have been submitted.
How to Submit
There are two ways to submit the certifications and assurances:
- Electronic submission. Except in rare circumstances and if permitted by FTA, grantees must submit the FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances in the Transportation Electronic Award Management System (TEAM-Web).
- Paper submission. Grantees may submit the FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances on paper only if you cannot submit them electronically in TEAM-Web and FTA agrees to accept hard copy submissions.
For electronic submission in TEAM-Web:
- Your agency's authorized representative (typically the Executive Officer or his/her designee) must select all Groups of the FY 2014 Certifications and Assurances that apply to your agency and the projects for which it seeks FTA funding in FY 2014.
- After appropriate selections are made, the authorized representative will be required to enter his/her personal identification number (PIN), which is equivalent to an electronic signature.
- After the agency’s authorized representative “PINed”, the agency's attorney (or authorized personnel) will need to enter his/her PIN to affirm that the authorized representative has sufficient authority under its State and local law to certify its compliance with the FY 2014 Certification and Assurances selected on the agency's behalf.
For further information, please contact Region 10’s Amy Changchien at 206-220-4464 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.