FY13 Public Transportation on Indian Reservations Program
This notice announces changes in the Public Transportation on Indian Reservations program (Tribal Transit Program) in accordance with the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP–21) (Pub. L. 112-141), which authorizes the program for Federal fiscal years (FY) 2013 and 2014.
To view this full Federal Register, visit http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-11-09/pdf/2012-27458.pdf.
MAP–21 was signed into law by President Barack Obama on July 6, 2012 and became effective on October 1, 2012. This notice responds to the new legislation under the Tribal Transit Program by:
(1) Introducing the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) consultation process and schedule for implementing changes due to MAP–21;
(2) Describing and seeking comment on the methodology for the formula allocation and the assumptions made regarding who is eligible for the formula program;
(3) Seeking comment on the terms and conditions for the formula and discretionary components of the program; and
(4) Seeking comments on how the discretionary program resources should be allocated.
Comments must be submitted by January 8, 2013. Late-filed comments will be considered to the extent practicable.
Outreach and Public Meeting: FTA will provide outreach in conjunction with the National Tribal Transportation Conference, sponsored by the Northwest Tribal Transit Assistance Program (TTAP). The meeting will be held on November 14-15, 2012 in Phoenix, Arizona at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort, 11111 North 7th Street. The first session is scheduled from 1:30-5:00 p.m. on November 14th and the second session on November 15th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. All participants must pre-register for the meeting and may register online at http://ttap.colostate.edu. Additionally, FTA will hold a public meeting in Washington, DC on December 10, 2012, at the U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590. Please send an email to E’lan Flippin at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information if you plan to attend the December meeting in Washington, DC.
Details and updates regarding these meetings will be posted on the FTA Web site http://www.fta.dot.gov, Tribal Technical Assistance (TTAP) Program (http://www.ltap.org), and National RTAP Program, http://www.Nationalrta.org.
Comments should be submitted by one of the following methods, identifying your submission by docket number FTA-2012-0054:
(1) Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
(2) Mail: Docket Management Facility: U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Docket Operations, M–30 West Building Ground Floor, Room W12–140, West Building, Ground Floor, Room W12-140, Washington, DC 20590–0001.
(3) Hand Delivery or Courier: Docket Management Facility: U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Docket Operations, M- 30 West Building Ground Floor, Room W12-140, West Building, Ground Floor, Room W12-140, Washington, DC 20590–0001 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(4) Fax: 202–493–2251.
You must include the agency name (Federal Transit Administration) and docket number (FTA-2012-0054) for this notice at the beginning of your comments. Submit two copies of your comments if you submit them by mail. For confirmation that FTA received your comments, include a self-addressed stamped postcard. Note that all comments received will be posted without change to http://www.regulations.gov including any personal information provided and will be available to internet users. You may review DOT’s complete Privacy Act Statement published in the Federal Register on April 11, 2000 (65 FR 19477).
For access to the docket to read background documents and comments received, go to http://www.regulations.gov at any time or to the U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave. SE, Docket Operations, M-30, West Building Ground Floor, Room W12-140, Washington, DC 20590 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
For general information contact Lorna Wilson, Federal Transit Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave. SE, E46–305, Washington, DC 20590, phone 202-366-0893, fax 202-366-3809, or email email@example.com or E’lan Flippin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, contact Region 10’s Bill Ramos at 206-220-4319 or email email@example.com.