NTI Comprehensive ADA Paratransit Eligibility Course
The National Transit Institute (NTI) is presenting a FREE course ($300 for consultants and contractors) titled, “Comprehensive Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Paratransit Eligibility”, in Worcester, MA on April 13-14, 2011.
The workshop begins with a review of ADA paratransit criteria and then reviews ADA paratransit eligibility requirements. The two-day session presents more detailed information about alternative eligibility determination processes, with a focus on in-person interview and assessment options. It also addresses "difficult" determination issues and presents options for trip-by-trip eligibility determinations.
• Overview of ADA Paratransit Eligibility
• Eligibility Considerations
• Alternative Eligibility Determination Process and Materials
• Model In-Person Interview/Assessment Process Developed by Easter Seals Project ACTION
• Making Eligibility Determinations
• Travel Training and Paratransit-To Fixed-Route Feeder Service Considerations
• Interview Techniques
• Implementing Trip-by-Trip Eligibility
• Appeals of Eligibility Determinations: Essential Elements and Alternative Processes
You can register for this class online at the NTI’s web site at http://www.ntionline.com/CourseInfo.asp?CourseNumber=FP011 or by faxing in the registration form found on the web site to 732-932-1707.
For further information, please contact FTA Region 10’s Monica McCallum at 206-220-4462 or by email at email@example.com.