NTI Understanding ADA Course
The National Transit Institute (NTI) will be sponsoring a FREE course ($0 for consultants and contractors) “Understanding Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)” in Pittsfield, MA on September 14, 2010; and Seaside, OR on October 24, 2010.
This course is intended for people who work at a transit agency or provide transit service, those who manage or operate paratransit services, and Federal, State, and local representatives who work with the ADA community. It is recommended that you complete this course before attending other ADA-related courses.
The goal of this course is to teach transit professionals the legal background of ADA and paratransit requirements.
• ADA legal requirements that apply to public and private transportation related entities
• 14 service provisions documented in 49 CFR Part 37, Subpart G
• Requirements to determine if a public or private entity must provide complementary paratransit service
• Criteria for complementary paratransit service
• Requirements for existing and new transportation facilities
• Compliance and enforcement responsibilities of FTA, Department of Transportation (DOT), and Department of Justice (DOJ)
• Responsibilities and compliance procedures for public and private entities
• Enforcement and investigation processes, including hearings, decisions, and notices
The course is facilitated by industry professionals with extensive experience in paratransit services and the ADA.
If you are interested in attending, please follow this link http://www.ntionline.com/CourseInfo.asp?CourseNumber=TCR08 to see detail course description and register on line.
Register early to guarantee your space; if there is a waiting list, please download the waiting list form from the web site below and fax it to (732) 932-1707.
For further information, contact Region 10’s Monica McCallum at (206) 220-4462 or email email@example.com.
/s/ Linda Gehrke for