Request for Information on ITS Costs
The Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Joint Program Office (JPO) Evaluation Program is starting an effort to review and update the ITS Costs Database (http://www.itscosts.its.dot.gov) in order to collect and enter recent sources of cost information and to account for new/emerging services and technologies. This effort includes obtaining feedback from stakeholders and local partners on ways to make the information more usable.
The JPO is requesting by May 30, 2010 the following types of data.
• Sources and contact information for both new unit cost data and/or system cost estimates;
• Databases maintained by states or local agencies used for independent cost estimates;
• State contract schedules, actual bids and proposals;
• Cost/benefit studies and plans and evaluation studies where costs are documented;
• Project progress or evaluation reports, research reports, or other documents that contain recent information on ITS costs at the system or component level. (Costs may be actual, bid, estimated, or forecast. They may also be contained in larger construction or operations projects.);
• Contact information for follow through, clarification, or additional data on any specific sources provided above.
Please send responses to this request for information to ITSCosts@Noblis.org by May 30, 2010. Feel free to contact Cheryl Lowrance (202.863.2986) or Jim Bunch (202.863.2984) of Noblis for additional clarification, questions, or comments on the ITS Costs Database.
If you have questions regarding this request for information or the ITS Evaluation Program please contact Yehuda Gross, ITS JPO Transit Coordinator, at 202.366.1988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The local FTA Region 10 office contact is Annette Le, who can be reached at 206.220.4461 or via email at email@example.com.
Kenneth A. Feldman
Director, Office of Program Management and Oversight