NTI Project Management for Transit Professionals Course
The National Transit Institute (NTI) will be sponsoring a FREE course ($300 for consultants and contractors) titled “Project Management for Transit Professionals” in the following cities:
|Vancouver, British Columbia||June 10-11|
|Columbus, Missouri||June 14-15|
|Honolulu, Hawaii||July 1-2|
|Taunton, Massachusetts||September 21-22|
|New Orleans, Louisiana||September 28-29|
|San Bernardino, California||September 28-29|
|Gardena, California||October 26-27|
|Anchorage, Alaska||November 16-17|
Register early to guarantee your space; if there is a waiting list, please download the waiting list form from the web site and fax it to (732) 932-1707.
This course is an introductory course. It is intended for transit professionals whose current and/or future responsibilities include planning, managing, and executing all phases of a project’s lifecycle. Priority will be given to American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) grantees, but seating is usually available for others. Recommended for ARRA Grantees unfamiliar with managing high profile construction projects!
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
• Describe the major components of a well-defined project
• Explain the functionality of each phase of the project lifecycle and associated deliverables
• Create a Project Management Plan (PMP), including a Statement of Work (SOW) and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Identify methods to obtain reasonable project estimates to develop a realistic project schedule
• Use Earned Value to control and report a project’s status and evaluate the impact of potential changes on the PMP
• Recognize the relationship between leadership and teamwork development, as well as the importance of communicating to all stakeholders
NOTE: This course will not provide information on the administration of ARRA grants. Information on ARRA grants is available from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) web site at http://www.fta.dot.gov/index_9440.html.
If you are interested in attending, please follow this link http://www.ntionline.com/CourseInfo.asp?CourseNumber=TRI23-50 to see detail course description and register on line.
For further information, please contact Region 10’s Ken Feldman at (206) 220-7521 or by email email@example.com.