Project Management for ARRA Recipients
The National Transit Institute will be sponsoring Project Management for ARRA Recipients classes on February 22-23 in Memphis, TN; March 18-19 in Charlotte, NC and Springfield, OR; March 24-25 in Los Angeles, CA; May 5-6 in Shoreview, MN; and June 14-15 in Columbus, OH.
This course is an introductory course intended for transit professionals whose current or future responsibilities include planning, managing, and executing all phases of a project lifecycle. Priority will be given to ARRA grantees, but seating is usually available for others.
This class is particularly relevant for ARRA grant recipients who are unfamiliar with managing high profile construction projects.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
• Describe the major components of a well-defined project
• Explain the functionality of each phase of the project lifecycle and associated deliverables
• Create a Project Management Plan (PMP), including a Statement of Work (SOW) and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Identify methods to obtain reasonable project estimates to develop a realistic project schedule
• Use Earned Value to control and report a project’s status and evaluate the impact of potential changes on the PMP
• Recognize the relationship between leadership and teamwork development, as well as the importance of communicating to all stakeholders
NOTE: This course will not provide information on the administration of ARRA grants. Information on ARRA grants is available from the FTA website at http://www.fta.dot.gov/index_9440.html.
You can register for this class on-line at the National Transit Institute Web site at http://www.ntionline.com/Courses.asp. Tuition shall be waived for federal, state and local government employees who work in transportation or related areas.
The NTI contact is Barbara Van Dyke at (732) 932-1700, extension 211, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The local FTA Region 10 contact is Ken Feldman at (206) 220-7521 or e-mail email@example.com.