NTI Paratransit Management and Operations Course
The National Transit Institute (NTI) will be sponsoring a FREE course ($300 for consultants & contractors) “Paratransit Management and Operations” class in Sumter, South Carolina on February 6-7, 2010 and in San Bernardino, California on February 9-10, 2010.
This course is intended for people who manage or operate paratransit services. This is a comprehensive course. The content is geared for people who have experience working with paratransit services.
This training is designed to teach transit professionals the skills needed to effectively manage and operate paratransit services:
• History of demand response service and where the industry is today.
• The relationship between managing and providing paratransit service.
• Developing policies and procedures for your paratransit department.
• Management functions needed to operate paratransit service, including planning, resource availability, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, and performance evaluation.
• Operating techniques to provide paratransit service, including contracting vs. in-house, brokerages and call center operations, route deviation, taxi supplements, and feeder service. Scheduling techniques that are based on your agency’s resources and local transit environment. Controlling costs and billing methods.
• Technology’s role in paratransit service.
• Customer service throughout the paratransit department.
The course is facilitated by industry professionals with extensive experience in paratransit service and the ADA.
If you are interested in attending, please follow this link http://ntionline.com/CourseInfo.asp?CourseNumber=TCR09 and register on line. Register early; if there is a waiting list, please download the waiting list form from the web site and fax it in to (732) 932-1707.
For further information, contact Region 10’s Monica McCallum at (206) 220-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.