The following instructions reference the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the FY 2012 Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative (VTCLI) grant program posted in the Federal Register on February 7, 2012 [Text] Federal Register on February 7, 2012 (PDF). Below are the basic steps to follow to submit an application for the VTCLI grant program. For more detailed instructions, select the link at the bottom of the page.
- Register for access to Grants.gov, Government-wide web-based application tool for submitting project proposals.
- Download the VTCLI Supplemental FTA Form (PDF). FTA requires applicants to use this form to respond to the evaluation criteria outlined in the NOFA. You MUST complete it electronically filling in all required fields, and submit it by attaching it to SF424. If the supplemental form is not attached or the wrong form is attached, the FTA's Discretionary Grants System (DGS) will mark your submission as invalid. DO NOT print out and scan the supplemental form and upload it to Grants.gov, it will not be recognized and your application will be invalid.
NOTE: Applicants must use this form for their narrative responses and should only attach supporting documentation such as letters of upport, maps, diagrams or detailed budgets to the SF424.
- Download the Mandatory SF424 Application from Grants.gov. You MUST complete the SF424 electronically, and attach the Supplemental Form (as well as any supporting documents) to be accepted or reviewed by FTA.
- Submit your application at least 72 hours prior to the due date. This allows time to receive the validation message and to correct any problems that may have caused the application to be rejected.
- Within 24-48 hours after submitting an electronic application, the applicant should receive an e-mail validation message from GRANTS.GOV. The validation will state whether GRANTS.GOV found any issues with the submitted application. As an additional notification, FTA’s system will notify the applicant if there are any problems with the submitted Supplemental FTA Form. If making a resubmission for any reason, include all original attachments regardless of which attachments were updated.
All applications (including revisions if applicable) are due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, April 19, 2012.
Complete instructions on how to submit an application (MS Word).