The "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, 2009'' (Pub. L. 111-5; "ARRA''), signed into law by President Barack Obama on February 17, 2009, includes $8.4 billion for transit capital improvements. The Federal Register notice of March 5, 2009 (Volume 74, Number 42)[PDF] [Text] implements the transit formula program related provisions of the ARRA and provides program and grant application requirements for these funds, to be made available through Federal Transit Administration (FTA) assistance programs. Additional notices will be published in the near future for the transit discretionary program provisions in the ARRA.
Complete grant applications must be submitted in TEAM by July 1, 2009. FTA must reallocate certain unobligated funds by September 1, 2009.
For Further Information Contact:
For general information about this notice contact Henrika Buchanan-Smith, Director, Office of Transit Programs, at (202) 366-2053. Please contact the appropriate FTA Regional or Metropolitan office (from the drop-down at the bottom of this or any page) for any specific requests for information or technical assistance. An FTA headquarters contact for each major program area also is included in the discussion of that program in the text of the notice.
Tables [ Excel Files]
1. Appropriations and Apportionments for Grant Programs
2. Transit Capital Assistance (Urbanized)
3. Transit Capital Assistance (Urbanized) Formula
4. Transit Capital Assistance (Urbanized) Formula Data Unit Values
5. Transit Capital Assistance (Nonurbanized)
6. Fixed Guideway Infrastructure Investment Apportionments
7. Fixed Guideway Infrastructure Investment Formula