MI: $54.8 Million (ARRA Grant)
The following grants are being awarded:
- Kalamazoo Metro Transit: $3.2 million for the purchase of five buses and for renovation to add additional office space for the administrative building.
- Ann Arbor Transportation Authority: $4.2 million for the purchase of four hybrid-electric buses, the construction of a park-and-ride lot, and safety and accessibility improvements at bus stops.
- City of Detroit Department of Transportation: $18.7 million for facility renovations, preventive maintenance, transit enhancements, and other capital expenses.
- Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation: $20.5 million to purchase three 40-foot alternative-fuel buses, one articulated alternative-fuel bus, 56 30-foot connector fleet paratransit vehicles, an automatic vehicle locator system, 312 fareboxes, and communications equipment.
- Detroit Transportation Corporation: $133,125 for Detroit People Mover Maintenance and Control Facility improvements.
- Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation in Monroe: $903,695 for facility renovations and the purchase of three hybrid SUV’s and one truck.
- City of Grand Haven/Harbor Transit: $430,107 for the purchase of three 30-foot buses, renovation to the administrative and maintenance facility, and support equipment.
- Saginaw Transit Authority Regional Services: $3.0 million for the addition and renovations to the Rosa Parks Operation Center, and purchase of five 35-foot biodiesel buses.
- Battle Creek Transit System: $944,000 for facility improvements, vehicle and equipment replacement and upgrades.
- County of Muskegon Area Transit System: $2.0 million to purchase seven 35-foot low-floor diesel-fueled buses, a minivan, fare collection equipment, maintenance office equipment, and preventative maintenance.
- Twin Cities Area Transportation Authority: $780,000 to purchase eight cutaway buses.