NJ: $298.7 Million - NJ TRANSIT (ARRA Grant)
Funds will be distributed as follows:
- Access to the Regionís Core (ARC)/Mass Transit Tunnel: $130 Million for the nine-mile commuter rail Mass Transit Tunnel project connecting New Jersey and Manhattan will be used as follows: $110 million for design and engineering expenses, as well as costs associated with construction and project management activities; and $20 million for a new underpass structure to carry Route 1& 9 over the new ARC Core tracks and modifications to the building located at 2001 Tonnelle Ave.
- Bus Rehabilitation: $35.0 million will be used for rehabilitation of NJ TRANSITís bus fleet includes replacement of various bus components such as engines, transmissions, pumps, motors, and other parts, as well as major body work and structural repairs.
- Lower Hack Drawbridge Rehabilitation (Phase II): $30 million will be used for rehabilitation of the Lower Hack drawbridge, a three-track bridge that carries NJ TRANSITís Morris & Essex and Montclair-Boonton Line trains over the Hackensack River between Kearny and Jersey City in Hudson County. Rehabilitation will include concrete and structural steel repairs.
- Morristown Line Bi-Directional Signal Improvements: $25 million for the installation of a train traffic control system on the Morristown Line of NJ TRANSITís Morris & Essex Lines. This system allows for bi-directional train operation on a two-track segment between Summit and Denville, providing increased capacity and flexibility on NJ TRANSITís commuter rail system.
- River LINE Cab Signal System - $24 Million for the design, purchase and installation of an Automatic Train Control (ATC) signal system for NJ TRANSITís 34-mile River LINE light rail system, which provides service between Camden and Trenton, NJ. An ATC system will permit the train operator to view the current signal restrictions from the cab of the light rail vehicle, rather than relying on wayside signals along the right-of-way. In addition to providing a significant enhancement in managing train movements, an ATC system satisfies the requirement of the Rail Safety Improvement Act of 2008 to install ďPositive Train ControlĒ by December 2015.
- Plauderville Station/High-Level Platform: $15 million to install high-level platforms, canopies, heated shelters, and ramps at the Plauderville Station, which serves the Bergen County Commuter Rail Line and local bus service in Garfield, NJ, allowing boarding for persons with disabilities.
- ACCESS LINK and Atlantic City Jitney Vehicle Purchases: $16 million for ACCESS LINK is NJ TRANSITís paratransit service that is available for individuals who cannot use NJ TRANSITís regular bus service. Funds will be used as follows:
- $10.8 million to purchase 137 minibuses, 47 of which will replace aging vehicles. ††
- $1.3 million to purchase 24 vans. ††
- $1.6 million to purchase 57 sedans. ††
- $2.3 million for replacement of 30 minibuses to provide feeder bus service to the Atlantic City Rail station from destinations throughout Atlantic City.
- Edison Station Park and Ride: $11 million for the construction of a supplemental parking facility to serve the increased commuter needs at NJ TRANSITís Edison Station, including construction of an approximately 475-space surface parking lot with new daily and monthly permit spaces on the outbound side of the existing station.
- Enhanced Track Rehabilitation Project: $4.7 million for replacement of ties, rails and switches along various rail lines throughout the system.
- $2.5 million for 175 bus shelters, as well as improvements to bus signage, passenger information display installation, and lighting in bus boarding areas throughout New Jersey.
- $2.0 million for construction of an intermodal transit center and parking facility in Pennsauken, New Jersey.
- $2.0 million for exterior pedestrian traffic and circulation improvements on the west side of Newark Penn Station.
- $1.5 million for rehabilitation of commuter rail rolling stock, including repair and replacement of major system components of commuter passenger rail cars and locomotives.