FL: $18.3 Million - Jacksonville Transportation Authority, Volusia Transportation Authority, Miami-Dade Transit Agency, Escambia County Board of Commissioners and Collier County Board of County Commissioners (ARRA Grant)
Grants are being awarded as follows:
• Jacksonville Transportation Authority: $36,559 for guideway improvements.
• Volusia Transportation Authority: $8.4 million for the purchase of 17 hybrid buses and for the rehabilitation of facilities to reduce energy consumption and to implement cost saving measures.
• Miami-Dade Transit Agency: $2.8 million for the refurbishment of Bicentennial Park Metromover Station, the installation of a Wi-Fi demonstration project to help support eventual implementation of a Wi-Fi system on the entire Metrorail, and miscellaneous refurbishment of Metrorail track.
• Escambia County Board of Commissioners: $4 million for the purchase of 10 buses and three minibuses.
• Collier county Board of County Commissioners: $3 million to purchase two electric hybrid buses and to provide enhancement to transit technology, paratransit services, and facility security.