Grants are being awarded as follows:
• The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission: $1.7 million to purchase four vans; for bus station renovations; and for miscellaneous bus support equipment and transit enhancements.
• City of Anderson: $1.6 million will use the funds to purchase a bus, two vans, and three support vehicles, and for operating assistance.
• City of Kokomo: $1.0 million to purchase a transit operations control center; two 30-foot buses and operating assistance;
• Indiana Department of Transportation: $7.6 million will use the funds towards construction and renovation of administrative and maintenance facilities.
• City of Columbus: $888,815 for construction of a transfer facility.
• Gary Public Transportation Corporation: $725,000 for operating assistance.
• The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission: $216,000 for a centralized scheduling and dispatch center.