Grants are being awarded as follows:
• Greater Lafayette Public Transportation Corporation: $2.4 million for replacement of three 40-foot buses, two support vehicles, hardware and software for fare collection, bus shelters, a phone system, and electrical system upgrades.
• Gary Public Transportation Corporation: $3.6 million for the purchase of six 35-foot diesel fueled buses, the rehabilitation of facilities and computer hardware and software.
• Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission: $434,000 for facility renovations and the replacement of a low-floor minivan.
• Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District: $13.9 million for signal and control system upgrades.
• Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission: $2.4 million for capital contracting costs, preventative maintenance and ADA paratransit subsidies.
• Indiana Department of Transportation: $12.7 million to purchase 111 30-foot replacement buses, 29 replacement vans, four sedan/station wagons, 34 30-foot buses, one van, six sedan/station wagons for expansion services, passenger shelters, computer equipment, fare boxes, communication equipment and other miscellaneous expenses.
• Michigan City Transit: $527,582 for preventative maintenance, operating assistance, heaters for buses and a replacement vehicle.