The following grants are being awarded:
• City of Waco: $3.0 million for the purchase of a bus, support equipment, computer software, and preventive maintenance.
• The City of El Paso/Sun Metro: $15.1 million to construct the Glory Road and Westside transit terminals, perform mid-life rebuild of 25 buses, and to purchase 200 accessible bus shelters. Funds will also be used to purchase computer hardware and software and 25 automated vehicle locator systems
• The Gulf Coast Center: $2.4 million for the construction of the Victory Lakes park-and-ride lot.
• Fort Bend County: $2.7 million for the purchase of eight buses, construction of a park-and-ride lot, and miscellaneous equipment.
• The Harris County Community and Economic Development Department: $922,000 to purchase shelters and fare collection equipment, as well as to pay for the capital costs of contracting and operating assistance.