Grants were awarded as follows:
• Charlotte County: $2.1 million for the purchase of five buses, three passenger vans, mobile data computers and automatic vehicle location equipment, and other capital items, including bus shelters and bicycle racks.
• Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority in Tampa: $15.2 million to purchase 22 buses and to perform renovation of a transit maintenance facility.
• Polk County Board of Commissioners: $2.7 million to purchase five heavy-duty transit buses, to purchase and install transit technology, and to perform vehicle maintenance, and bus stop improvements.
• South Florida Regional Transportation Authority in Miami: $13.6 million to replace four locomotives that have outlived their useful lives, and to fund beautification improvements such as landscaping and painting at various transit facilities.
• Bay County Transportation Planning Organization in Pensacola: $2.4 million construction of a new transit facility; preventive maintenance for existing fleet; new technology, including automatic passenger counting, automated fareboxes, and stop annunciators for existing vehicles; bus shelters, and a service vehicle.
• Space Coast Area Transit in Cocoa: $6.9 million to purchase 16 buses, 20 vans, and six bus shelters. Funds will also be used for rehabilitation and construction of the Melbourne terminal, which was built in 1973.