Rail Transit Vehicles and Systems
- Analysis of Capital Cost Elements and Their Effect on Operating Costs Analysis of light rail transit capital cost increase.
- Collision Safety Improvements for Light Rail Vehicles Operating in Shared Right of Way Street Environments - Study to investigate the potential for reducing injuries to automobile occupants struck by LRVs with the addition of appropriate front-end structures.
- Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) Before/After Cost Effectiveness Study (March 2011) - This research report provides a narrative of that process, discusses issues particular to the Muni Metro system, and undertakes both a quantitative cost-benefit analysis (CBA) and a qualitative analysis of the project. It also analyzes two cases: the CBTC project as implemented and an alternative case representing a continuation of the conventional fixed-block signaling system.
- Electronic Fare Collection Options for Commuter Railroads - Research discusses technical and institutional issues and “lessons learned” related to the implementation of automated fare collection systems on commuter railroads in the United States.
- Sharing of Track by Transit and Freight Railroads: Liability and Insurance Issues
- SharpRAIL: Evaluation of Mobile WiMAX and Intelligent Video for Enhanced Rail Transit Safety