Vehicle Automation for Safety
- Assessing the Business Case for Integrated Collision Avoidance Systems on Transit Buses
- Integrated Collision Warning System: Final Technical Report Technical developments that integrate the advanced frontal and side collision warning systems into a unified collision warning system.
- Integrated Collision Warning System: Interface Control Document Defines the architecture of the Integrated Collision Warning System (ICWS) and interface among components.
- Development of Requirement Specifications for Transit Frontal Collision Warning System -defines a system specification for how ITS technologies can be used to help avoid frontal collisions.
- Side Object Detection Systems Evaluation : Final Evaluation Report - Report on the results of an independent evaluation of a Side Object Detection System (SODS) for transit buses. The FTA worked with an evaluator and three transit agencies that use the system to address three key goals: 1) to assess operator usability and acceptance of SODS, 2) to assess the return on investment (ROI) of SODS, and 3) to identify lessons learned and other information that would be useful to agencies considering deployment of SODS or similar technologies in the future.