- American Public Transportation Association (APTA)--A nonprofit transportation association of over 1,300 member organizations including transit systems, product and service providers, planning, design, construction and financing firms; academic institutions; and state transit associations and departments of transportation.
- Acquisition Reform Network (AQNet)--An excellent source for Federal procurement policy, professional development, federal business opportunities, and other resources.
- Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) -- Has thirty-nine (39) chapters throughout the United States. Members include individuals, transportation agencies, academic institutions, industry non-profits and Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs). From highways and roads to mass transit systems; from subways to rail systems; and from port authorities to airports, COMTO members represent every facet of the transportation industry.
- Doing Business with the Department of Transportation--DOT has created an on-line transaction capability to enable you to perform such tasks as making payments, obtaining and submitting forms, and accessing DOT databases where you can find the information you need when you need it.
- Federal Acquisition Institute--Established in 1976, the Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI) is an organization having statutory requirements to foster and promote the development of a professional acquisition workforce so that they become effective business leaders.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)--The Federal Acquisition Regulations System is established for the codification and publication of uniform policies and procedures for acquisition by all executive agencies. The Federal Acquisition Regulations System consists of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), which is the primary document, and agency acquisition regulations that implement or supplement the FAR.
- Small Business Administration (SBA)--Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered about 20 million loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
- Transportation Acquisition Regulation (TAR)--The Department of Transportation Acquisition Regulation (TAR) establishes uniform acquisition policies and procedures, which implement and supplement the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Transportation Acquisition Manual (TAM)--The Department of Transportation Acquisition Manual (TAM) is issued by the Senior Procurement Executive (SPE), Office of the Senior Procurement Executive (OSPE). It establishes for the Department of Transportation (DOT) uniform internal operating acquisition procedures which implement or supplement the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Transportation Acquisition Regulation (TAR), other agency regulations and statutory requirements
- U.S. Department of Transportation -- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Utilization Program (OSDBU)--This DOT office promotes customer satisfaction through successful partnerships that result in an inclusive and effective small business procurement process.