State of Good Repair Program – Application Instructions
An updated version of the Supplemental Form was posted on 06/29/11. Please download and use this version if you experienced issues with this form prior to 6/29/11.
A general FAQ for all current discretionary grants programs has been issued on 7/13/11, and can be found here.
This is in reference to the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the State of Good Repair program posted in the Federal Register on June 24, 2011 (text) (PDF). In addition to the Mandatory SF424 Form that will be completed in Grants.gov, FTA requires applicants to utilize the Supplemental FTA Form [PDF] to enter descriptive and data elements of individual program proposals for State of Good Repair program. This supplemental form provides guidance and a consistent format for applicants to respond to the criterion outlined in the NOFA. Applicants are required to use this Supplemental Form and attach it to their submission in Grants.gov.
*****Personal email addresses should not be used in attached forms, please provide business contacts only*****
- Register for access to Grants.gov, Government-wide web-based application tool for submitting project proposals.
- Supplemental FTA Form [PDF]. You MUST download the PDF, complete it electronically filling in all required fields, and submit it with the SF424 form through Grants.gov. If the supplemental form is not attached or the wrong form is attached, the FTA's Discretionary Grants System (DGS) will mark your submission as invalid. Note: If you print out and scan the supplemental form and upload it to Grants.gov, the form is no longer in the original electronic format, FTA’s systems will not be able to read the data from the form and it will not be accepted or available for review by FTA. For important tips on the supplemental forms refer to the Application and Supplemental Form Instructions. IMPORTANT NOTE: The CORRECT Supplemental FTA Form for VTCLI is labeled "Bus and Bus Facilities Program". This form is used for three programs including SGR, VTCLI, and the labeled program.
- Mandatory SF424 Application for the State of Good Repair Program is located within Grants.gov. You MUST download the Mandatory SF424 Form, complete it electronically, and submit it with the Supplemental Form to be accepted or reviewed by FTA. For information on how to submit an application, refer to the Application and Supplemental Form Instructions.
- Within 24-48 hours after submitting an electronic application, the applicant should receive an e-mail validation message from GRANTS.GOV. The validation will state whether GRANTS.GOV found any issues with the submitted application. As an additional notification, FTA’s system will notify the applicant if there are any problems with the submitted Supplemental FTA Form. If making a resubmission for any reason, include all original attachments regardless of which attachments were updated.
- Important: FTA urges applicants to submit their applications at least 72 hours prior to the due date to allow time to receive the validation message and to correct any problems that may have caused the application to be rejected.
All applications (including revisions if applicable) for the State of Good Repair Program are due by midnight Eastern Daylight Time on July 29, 2011.