FTA evaluates grantee adherence to grant administration requirements through a comprehensive oversight program. FTA’s master agreement, which grantees and FTA sign specifies these requirements. FTA determines compliance through self-certification and/or site visits.
FTA’s two major oversight areas are:
- Triennial Reviews of grantee receiving Section 5307 Urbanized Area Formula Grants, and
- States Management Reviews of grantees receiving Section 5311 Non-Urbanized Area Formula Grants
In addition to these oversight reviews, FTA conducts oversight reviews in specific areas when the grantee is either participating in a special program (e.g. Project Management Oversight reviews for grantees receiving Section 5309 New Starts funding) or is at-risk or out of compliance in a specific area (i.e. procurement systems or financial systems).
Learn more about the Office of Program Oversight.
Topics of Interest
- Grantee Oversight Workshops
- State Management Review Workshops
- Oversight Reviews
- Oversight Calendar
- State Management Oversight
- Financial Management Oversight
- Procurement Reviews
- Triennial Reviews
- Drug & Alcohol Reviews
- Civil Rights Reviews
- ITS Reviews
- Planning Oversight
- Project Management Oversight (PMO)
- Project Management Oversight (PMO) Lessons Learned