Job Access and Reverse Commute Program Notice Highlights
- $75m available in FY 99
- $45m - Major urbanized areas (200,000 or more population)
- $15m - Smaller urbanized areas (50,000 - 200,000 population)
- $15M - Non-urbanized areas (Below 50,000 population)
- Average Grant Sizes
- Places 1m or more population $1,000,000
- Places between 200,000 - 1m pop. $500,000
- Places between 50,000 - 200,000 pop . $200,000
- Places that are non-urbanized areas $150,000
- Applications due December 31, 1998--NO EXTENSION
- MPOs select applicants in places 200,000 population or more
States select applicants in places below 200,000 population
- FTA urges a consolidated application by a single recipient, may pass money through to subrecipients.
- Grants restricted in FY 99 to new and expanded services.
- Multi-year commitments possible
1. Applicant submits proposal and responds to grant selection criteria. Applicants selected for funding in this phase. 2. Selected applicants submit documentation of compliance with all FTA grant requirements prior to grant award.
- Requires regional job access and reverse transportation plans developed by a coordinated transportation/human planning process.
- 50/50 DOT/Non-DOT match requirements, other Federal funds may be applied to Non-DOT match.
- Notice is a product of intradepartmental and interagency working group and was subject to extensive public consultation process.