Creating Green, Sustainable Communities
Great Examples of Livability Across the U.S.
Hiawatha Light Rail, Minn.
More transportation choices, access to affordable housing, and coordinated federal investments in local priorities to improve the quality of life in your communities: that’s what livability is all about. Follow the link for great examples across the U.S.
DOT’s Transformational Investments in Projects to Rebuild and Strengthen Communities
Transportation, Housing and Energy Go
Hand-in-Hand to Build Better Communities
Our Six Livability Principles
- Provide more transportation choices
- Expand location and energy-efficient housing choices
- Improve economic competitiveness of neighborhoods
- Target federal funding toward existing communities
- Align federal policies and funding
- Enhance the unique characteristics of all communities