This page lists the JARC Allocations and Annual Apportionments from Fiscal Years (FY) 2000 through FY 2009. In TEA-21 and SAFETEA-LU, Congress Authorized the following funding levels for the JARC Program:
FTA conducted competitions and selected projects for funding appropriated in FY 1999–2002. However, beginning in FY 2000, Congress began designating specific projects and recipients to receive JARC funding in the conference reports accompanying the annual appropriations acts. With the passage of SAFETEA–LU, JARC funding is allocated by formula to States for areas with populations below 200,000 persons, and to designated recipients for areas with populations of 200,000 persons and above. The formula is based on the number of eligible low-income and welfare recipients in urbanized and rural areas.
Tables 1 through 8 below list the JARC allocations designated to specific entities for that fiscal year. Tables 9 through 12 list the FTA apportionment to states and large urbanized areas for that fiscal year. JARC funds appropriated in Fiscal Year 2006 but not obligated by the end of FY 2008 were included in FTA's Fiscal Year 2009 apportionment to states and large urbanized areas.
- FY 2000 Competitively Selected Projects
- FY 2000 Congressionally Designated Projects
- FY 2001 Competitively Selected Projects
- FY 2001 Congressionally Designated Projects
- FY 2002 Congressionally Designated Projects
- FY 2003 Congressionally Designated Projects
- FY 2004 Congressionally Designated Projects FY 2005 Congressionally Designated Projects
- FY 2005 Congressionally Designated Projects
- FY 2006 Apportionments
- FY 2007 Apportionments
- FY 2008 Apportionments
- FY 2009 Apportionments
- FY 2010 Apportionments
- FY 2011 Apportionments
- FY 2012 Apportionments
This section includes tables describing the JARC allocations and annual apportionments from Fiscal Years 2000 to 2012.