Standard Cost Categories (SCC) for Capital Projects (2011 – FOR HISTORICAL REFERENCE)
NOTE: This information is provided for historical reference only. Project sponsors should use the SCC worksheets posted at http://www.fta.dot.gov/12305_15612.html to submit information to FTA. The password for the SCC worksheets is SCC15.
SCC Workbook (Excel) (for historical reference) Rev. 14, August 5, 2011
In 2005 FTA implemented the Standard Cost Categories, to establish a consistent format for the reporting, estimating, and managing of capital costs for New Starts projects. The cost information gathered from projects across the country has been developed into a database (the Capital Cost Database), a cost estimating resource useful to FTA and the transit industry alike. The SCC Workbook is a project management tool -- project-based as opposed to grant-based.
Over the life of a project, the consistent format should make it easier to track, evaluate and control cost changes. Submission of capital costs to FTA in the SCC format is required at the following points:
- Request to enter Engineering
- Request for Small Starts Grant Agreement (SSGA)
- Request for Full Funding Grant Agreement (FFGA)
- Submission for Annual New Starts evaluation
- FFGA amendments
- During construction at regular intervals
- At revenue operations
- Annually until the later of the submission of the Before & After Study or at project close-out and resolution of claims