EMS Training & Assistance – Round 2
On August 13, 2007, FTA published in the Federal Register an invitation to state and local transit agencies to apply for Environmental Management Systems (EMS) training and assistance. The program provided taining and technical assistance in the form of workshops, on-site technical advice, consultation and comprehensive training in the development of an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001-based EMS.
This initiative responds to requests from transit industry representatives that FTA re-institute an EMS training and assistance program similar to the one that FTA successfully concluded in January 2006. In December 2007, FTA Administrator James Simpson, approved the selection of Seven transit agencies to participate in the program.
- Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority
- City of Asheville Transit System
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Maryland Transit Administration
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Miami-Dade Transit
- Worcester Regional Transit Authority