The National Transit Institute offers a variety of training for transit professionals. To browse the full list of courses offered by NTI, go to http://www.ntionline.com/courses/list.php. The following courses are particularly relevant to transportation planning:
NTI Planning Courses
- Metropolitan Transportation Planning
- Statewide and Metropolitan Transportation Programming
- Financial Planning in Transportation
- Public Involvement in Transportation Decision Making
- Statewide Transportation Planning
- Transit-Oriented Development (TOD)
- Transportation and Land Use
- Environmental Impact Assessment (Online), Part A: NEPA as a Decision-Making Tool in Planning
- Environmental Impact Assessment (Online), Part B: The Environmental Impact Statement and Related Topics
- Advanced Seminar on Managing the Environmental Review Process
- Introduction to Transportation [Air Quality] Conformity
- Transit Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment
Note: The courses Metropolitan Transportation Planning, Statewide Transportation Planning, and Public Involvement in Transportation Decision Making were jointly developed and are offered by both NTI and NHI (see below).
Some planning courses were jointly developed and are offered by both NTI and FHWA's National Highway Institute. To browse the NHI Training Catalog and find scheduled courses, go to www.nhi.fhwa.dot.gov/training/brows_catalog.aspx.